Last Updated on Friday, 07 June 2013 09:22
AUDITIONS 19 & 21 JUNE 2013
SKIPPER HOLLAND HALL, Cnr McCracken Ave and Hunter Drive, Blackburn South
To find out more about the show, please come to the information evening at the same venue on Wednesday 5 June 2013 at 7.45 pm. You will have an opportunity to meet the Director Ron Pidcock, Assistant Director Andy Payne and Musical Director Alan Barker and to hear the concept and ideas they have for the show and much more ...
Download list of audition requirements here
TO BOOK AN AUDITION: Fill in an online audition form here.
ALEXANDER THEATRE 19, 25 and 26 OCTOBER 2013
Last Updated on Sunday, 19 May 2013 21:05
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IN THIS SHOW?
HERE ARE THE CURRENT CAST REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GEISHA
The director is looking for at least six males to fill out the chorus plus another couple of girls.
The actual number of the chorus is quite small, so they must have a good voice and be able to hold a vocal line in a SATB accurately, as well as have a good stage presence. There will be choreography, so they must be able to move well on stage.
If you would like to be in the show, please
contact Ron Pidcock at
for a copy of the libretto and full vocal
- Auditions for each production are advertised well in advance on Facebook, on this website, on Theatrepeople, and by individual email. All audition applications are made online.
- Auditionees for principal roles need to prepare and present the set music and dialogue. Casting is by a panel comprising the Director, Musical Director and a third person representing the Committee.
- Anyone wishing to perform in the chorus must audition for the Director and Musical Director if their work is not already known to them. Depending on the requirements of a particular production, all chorus members may be required to audition, whether they have worked with the Directors previously or not.
- Rehearsals are usually on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7.30pm and on some Sundays. Generally chorus will be required for only one of the two weeknights. Further details will be provided at auditions.
- Any interested person should feel free to audition for a show. To do this you do not have to be a member of the Society.
- Before you take to the stage in performance, however, you will need to join the Society. If you are not already a member, you can join during the rehearsal period. The cost of doing so is currently set at $45 per annum. This fee will allow you to perform in any show within the year covered by your membership if successful at audition.
- Our company relies heavily on the ticket sales generated by our casts and crews, and you will have the opportunity to be involved in other aspects of the production, such as publicity, costumes, set-construction, "bumping-in" and "bumping-out" (the physical moving of the set into and out of the the theatre).
- You are expected to provide your own makeup, and you will be advised about this during the run of the show. If it is your first time in a show, fellow cast-members are a good source of information about this. There are several theatrical equipment stores in Melbourne from which you can purchase the necessary make-up. A list of such stores will be provided on this website in due course.
- You will also pay a performance fee which currently is $35. There is also a score-hire service available if you require it, and this is currently $15. You might also be asked to make a contribution towards the cost of your costume, or contribute items towards your costume. This will vary from show to show and advice about this will be provided by the relevant Directors, Stage Managers.